Jay Fleischman is joined by Adam Minsky, a fellow student loan lawyer based in Boston. During this episode, recorded live at FinCon16 in San Diego, we talk about:
- Why only 40% of federal student loan borrowers are in an active repayment plan;
- The reason why most people student loan borrowers rely on forbearance rather than repayment through one of the income-dependent repayment plans;
- Understanding what kind of student loans you have;
- The role of the servicer – and who else may be controlling your federal student loan;
- Why servicers make so many errors;
- The heartbreaking conversation we have with people trying for Public Service Loan Forgiveness; and
- Why you should submit an Employment Certification Form – and the best time to do it.
Get My Best Student Loan Advice (FREE)
Enter your email address and I'll send you new episodes and other updates by email. 100% free, and you can cancel at any time (but you won't want to).