If your school did not offer the ability to take out federal student loans, there may be good news when it comes to wiping out private loans in bankruptcy. On this episode of The Student Loan Show, we dig into the particulars and get you the answers you’re looking for.
Here are some resources for you:
- US Bankruptcy Code section on dischargeability of student loans
- Section 221 of the Internal Revenue Code
- Definition of “Eligible Educational Institution” from Internal Revenue Code
- Federal Student Code List
- Federal Student Code Search
The Federal Student Code List and Federal Student Code Search are useful for current years only. For older years, get in touch with me and we can talk about whether your school was eligible.
Get My Best Student Loan Advice (FREE)
Enter your email address and I'll send you new episodes and other updates by email. 100% free, and you can cancel at any time (but you won't want to).