Corinthian Colleges, the for-profit company that ran Heald, WyoTech and Everest, is no more. In a deal that closed on February 3, 2015, the campuses have been sold to Zenith Education Group, a newly created nonprofit provider of career school training and a member of ECMC Group. As part of the deal, ECMC has agreed to a wide range of measures designed to protect past and current students of Corinthian.
Listen to today’s episode to hear about the $480 million worth of student loan forgiveness that Corinthian students can expect as part of the transaction.
- Feds Sue Corinthian Colleges For Pushing More Than $560M In Predatory Loans On Students
- Zenith Education Group Transitions More Than 50 Corinthian Campuses to Nonprofit Status, Announces Suite of Changes Designed to Put Students First
- Deal Provides $480 Million In Debt Relief To Current & Former Corinthian Colleges Students
- CFPB Secures $480 Million in Debt Relief for Current and Former Corinthian Students
- Special Bulletin for Current and Former Students Enrolled at Corinthian-Owned Schools
Get My Best Student Loan Advice (FREE)
Enter your email address and I'll send you new episodes and other updates by email. 100% free, and you can cancel at any time (but you won't want to).